CentOS 5 Server pt 1

I turn around many setup for a mini server to upload a work and did not want to configure in my current os. So I installed it in a virtual machine for such work. So this is what I have done.



Once loaded the live DVD (to download) into your computer, type in linux text. This will go to the installation in text mode. Why? If you are installing it via graphical the time consumption is much greater than via text mode. Meaning fast installation. 
Once loaded this is the startup screen, now we are off.

Checked server and customize software selection. Meanwhile the previous setup as shown above. Press tab to go to ok button. Then the next screen, Package Group Selection, these are the packages I picked,Editors, Text-based Internet, Development Libraries, Development Tools, Developement Libraries, DNS Name Server, FTP Server, MySQL Database, Server Configuration Tools, Web Server, Administration Tools, Base, and System Tools. All the other unchecked. There won't be any mail server use so no need to checked that.

Then the next boring step, waiting.All your installation will be set up. You will see a package installation page as shown here. wait...wait...wait...

As far as I see it, among all server base installation I think using CentOS is the fastest that I've tried so far.

Continue to Part 2


Comments

Popular Posts