MeeGo Virtually



Meego a new linux distro that targets iphones , netbooks  and other embedded devices . Supports Nokia N900 and Atom-based netbooks.  Nokia and Intel joint forces to create Meego. As you know Nokia -> Maemo and Intel -> Moblin. These are their own open source projects. Now MeeGo.




I think the name MeeGo was originated from Malaysia. Maybe at that time they was thinking of a name for the project then suddenly whats that?!! Mee Goreng( 'friend noodle') then ting! MeeGo..huhu.

I download the image of this distro at www.meego.com. Tried virtualized it using VBox. Mount the image on cdrom. You might not see the .img file when mounting this image , so in open box , select “All files”. Then boot. 
Seems it requires PAE enable. Enabled the PAE then somehow hanged itself to a black screen when I tried to just boot it. So I tried  to install it. 

Success of installation.

After I finish creating user it goes to black screen. So I reset and on the grub menu I insert 3 to run level 3 mode remove the quiet mode and insert nosplash.


So now am on the runlevel 3 mode. Tried installing virtualbox-guest additions though maybe because of graphic issues.



Running startx wont do. So then I browse the internet and found this page http://wiki.meego.com/MeeGo_1.0_Netbook_VirtualBox. Oooh. I should do this.
sudo chmod +s /usr/bin/Xorg
Yeah!! startx works!!

What I observed in side the distro itself it uses Redhat Package Management (RPM) like My Fedora.Something I am similar with. So if I was to create something on a mobile adapting it to MeeGo seems like a fine idea..

Comments

Popular Posts