Sound Error!

I recently talked with a friend regarding linux. He came up with a problem using such OS. The main problem was the sound, saying he even try to compile the sound driver.
I just laughed and said that's why i dislike ubuntu. Guess what happen to me this morning? Sound problem. At first I thought it was because me using Amarok. I tried to use Amarok this morning replacing Rhythmbox. Removed Amarok. Installed back all the codecs. Still no sound. The only sound I get was using dolphin preview and startup sound. Search the internet for such error. Came across ArchLinux Distro forums.

Then I got carried away by the ArchLinux stories on why Ubuntu users and Fedora users moved to ArchLinux. Quite interesting. Yet, no news of the sound problem. Read about KDEmod and blah..blah.blah..

Finally I came across a forum about crackling sound problems. The method they used was by removing pulseaudio. So it seems that pulseaudio was creating all this hassle.

So for you fedora users try
yum remove pulseaudio
This will clear things up.

Comments

Popular Posts