Init hacked

I read some rather nice page regarding linux fs. So might just share what knowledge I've got thru what Ive read. Actually my main purpose of today's blog is what I have done on my laptop. Here is what I have done.



At grb.cfg I changed kernels bootparam from

linux/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.34.7-61.fc13.x86_64 root=/dev/sda1 ro quite rd_NO_LUKS rd_NO_LVM rd_NO_MD rd_NO_DM LANG=en_US.UTF-8 SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 KEYBOARDTYPE=pc KEYTABLE=us dblacklist=nouveau nouveau.modeset=0 ipv6.disable=1 raid=noautodetect cgroup_disable=memory rhgb
to
linux/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.34.7-61.fc13.x86_64 root=/dev/sda1 ro rd_NO_LUKS rd_NO_LVM rd_NO_MD rd_NO_DM LANG=en_US.UTF-8 SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 KEYBOARDTYPE=pc KEYTABLE=us dblacklist=nouveau nouveau.modeset=0 ipv6.disable=1 raid=noautodetect cgroup_disable=memory
This throw away my plymouth boot screen, rhgb to which I can monitor what services are not functioning. Plus  print out kernel ring buffer bootup messages by removing quite.

So after the grub boot up you will see a whole text scrolling fast at your screen and goes to your init services startup before runs your desktop. In fedora 13 it only comes out Welcome to fedora 13. Well mine goes like this.



It says Welcome to Linux Distro Version:
AHMYI LINUX ON FEDORA release 13 (GODDARD) dot dot dot..I tool this above picture a few says ago.

This is the longest time taken to blog to write. It took me 1 whole day...hahaha...sengal..

Comments

Popular Posts