Google-chrome /dev/shm permission



After recent updates, seems that I get an error of loading the browser google-chrome. Everything seems to go on perfectly before. So what seems to be the problem. I tried other browser such as Konqueror but seems okay. Except for google-chrome. So I tried running it as root, okay. So, what seems to be the problem. I then try running it thru terminal. Ahha. /dev/shm no permission granted.Try chmod 777 /dev/shm to fix the problem. So I tried doing so and it works. The second problem arise. Every time I wanted to use my browser I have to go to terminal and give permission to the shm directory. This bothers me.


I went down to how the system works. Going thru each section of the etc folder on ways to before kdm runs my computer set such permission so that I could access my browser. Then I come across rc.sysinit in /etc/rc.d. Where I inserted at the bottom of the page chmod 777 /dev/shm. Reboot alas it works. But am I doing it right?

So today after, I upgraded my F13 to F14 I found out the code was overwritten gone. I have to rewrite again. Browsing the net I end up on this page http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1374444. Thats where it should go. So I think if I upgrade my system I won't have to edit my rc.sysinit again.

Here is what I did on my F14 (Fedora 14). In terminal

This is the simpliest way to insert to a file rather than opening an editor. If I open up the editor anyway, it looks something like this.


Comments

Popular Posts